[PyKDE] PyKDE - almost

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Tue Aug 5 23:42:00 BST 2003

On Tuesday August 5 2003 10:47, Gordon Tyler wrote:
> Jim Bublitz wrote:
> > package it, so I hope to have it available by Wednesday, and
> > certainly no later than the end of the week.

> Excellent news! Are you going to consider KDE 3.1.3 (just
> released last week) for a future -X release?

Argh! Hadn't checked kde.org in the last week or so. I'll make
this the second release - hopefully a few days after the first
one. It only takes about 30 minutes to upgrade (at least for
point releases). The time consuming part is d/l'ing and
installing the new KDE release (along with another Linux
install). However by dropping the KDE2 stuff, I have lots of
free partitions at the moment.

> > 3.7. There are a bunch of bug reports and patches pending
> > from the list (Pete's SMP patch, a bunch of stuff Gordon
> > Tyler worked on, and some other stuff). I'll be getting to
> > that next (after

> I think most, if not all, of my patches were to get PyKDE
> compiling with sip/PyQt 3.6, so there may not be anything of
> value in them since you've already accomplished that.

There was some stuff related to class hierarchies (effectively
allowing "casting" as it were) as well. That also should go
pretty quickly.

> > [1] My servers had been up 459 days 12 hours when I had to
> > shut them down. Ugh.

> You have my sympathies ;)

I almost cried :) I once spec'd out a UPS system for a Swiss bank
(Shanghai branch) to keep their systems up for 8 hours minimum.
It weighed something like 12,000 lbs. They never bought it.

> I'm looking forward to the new version. Now if only I could
> figure out my PyQt segfault problem, everything would be
> peachy 8)

Jim