[PyKDE] More documention?

Gordon Tyler gordon at doxxx.net
Tue Aug 5 23:19:00 BST 2003

Peter Clark wrote:

> 	Between the example programs packaged with PyQt and Boudewijn Rempt's book,
> I've been able to make pretty decent headway in learning PyQt through trial
> and error. However, at this point, I'm mostly parroting what I see, with only
> a vague comprehension as to what's going on. For example, take QMessageBox.
> What are the arguments that can be passed to it? I tried

Generally, the original C++ Qt documentation combined with knowledge of
how the C++ translates into Python is sufficient. The PyQt documentation
describes where it has had to deviate from the original C++ API because
of Python restrictions (reserved keywords generally) or where a more
"Pythonic" API has been provided.

I must admit that there is some guesswork and experimentation involved
sometimes. I can't name anything specific off the top of my head because
it's been a while since I last worked with PyQt.

You can find the original Qt documentation here: http://doc.trolltech.com/

Ciao,
Gordon