[PyKDE] PyKDE compiling error

Ricardo Javier Cardenes Medina rcardenes at debian.org
Tue Apr 8 13:02:01 BST 2003

On Tue, Apr 08, 2003 at 05:24:29AM -0400, Marc Lavallée wrote:
> Le mar 08/04/2003 à 01:04, Jim Bublitz a écrit :
>
> > You need to rerun build.py for the change to take effect.
>
> That did the trick.
>
> A new problem, when I run the examples:
>
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/kdefx.py", line 25, in ?
>     from qt import QCommonStyle
> ImportError: cannot import name QCommonStyle
>
> I read something about this problem in the list archive, but there's no
> suggestion on how to fix it. I disabled a few styles in qconfig.h in
> order to compile PyQt, but that seems to break PyKDE. :-(

PyQt build excludes QCommonStyle if there's no QWindowsStyle nor
QMotifStyle (because these are the only classes from Qt that inherits
directly from QCommonStyle). You need to edit sip/qcommonstyle.sip on
PyQt and remove:

 %If (Qt_STYLE_WINDOWS || Qt_STYLE_MOTIF)

and one of the %End you'll find at the end of the file. Rebuild PyQt.
You don't need to rebuild PyKDE. Phil is aware of this.