[PyKDE] progress?? : PyQt on MacOS X 10.2

michael ferraro michael at possibleworlds.com
Sat Apr 5 21:37:01 BST 2003

Noah

Well here's were I am at the moment: with some small modifications
to the source code of sip I was able to compile and run sip and
started to compile PyQt when I ran into a compiler error.

I followed Ivan instruction to a degree, that is I used fink to compile
and install qt3.  This went along well until I tested Qt designer and
the app showed no fonts at all.  I tried to start xfs and got a number
of errors complaining about the font path not being valid (this is
on a brand new DP 1.42 with a fresh download of MacOS X11)

I fiddled for a while and finally resorted to using an explcit font
name on the command line.  This worked and designer runs
well.

Next downloaded :
	sip-x11-gpl-3.5.tar.gz
	PyQt-x11-gpl-3.5.tar.gz

upacked sip ran build.py and manually edited the Makefiles.
After some experiemtation successfully got sip to run by
	in sipgen using:
		1.	LFLAGS = -flat_namespace
		2.	modifying sip.h to use:
			extern 	char*	sipVersion;
			extern	stringList*	includeDirList;
		3.	modifying main.c:
			moved the initialization of sipVersion and includeDirList
			outside the scope of main()
	in siplib used:
		1.	LFLAGS = -flat_namespace -undefined suppress

moved on to building PyQt. rand build.py .  The cpp for all
the modules was generated successfully and so I typed:
	make
and compiling went along fine until sipqtQDesktopWidget.cpp
when I got an "Internal compiler error", in qevent.h:314

So I'm now preparing to file a bug report with apple
and will probably see if I can fiddle a bit to get past
the error.

what follows is the tail end of the compile.

c++ -c -fPIC -fno-common -pipe -Ddlsym=dlsym_auto_underscore -w -Os
-frename-registers -mmultiple -mcpu=750 -mtune=750 -fPIC
-DSIP_MAKE_MODULE_DLL -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -I.
-I/usr/include/python2.2 -I/sw/include -I/sw/include
-I/sw/share/qt/mkspecs/darwin-g++ -o sipqtQDesktopWidget.o
sipqtQDesktopWidget.cpp
In file included from /sw/include/qobject.h:45,
                  from /usr/include/python2.2/sipQt.h:27,
                  from sipqtDeclqt.h:31,
                  from sipqtQDesktopWidget.cpp:24:
/sw/include/qevent.h: In constructor `QPaintEvent::QPaintEvent(const
QRegion&,
    bool)':
/sw/include/qevent.h:314: Internal compiler error in pop_binding, at
cp/decl.c:
    1220
Please submit a full bug report,
See <URL:http://developer.apple.com/bugreporter> for instructions.
{standard input}:2:FATAL:.abort  detected.  Assembly stopping.
make[1]: *** [sipqtQDesktopWidget.o] Error 1
make: *** [sub-qt] Error 2