[PyKDE] build.py problem

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Sat Apr 5 21:13:00 BST 2003

On 05-Apr-03 Julian Rockey wrote:
> What's this bit of hard-coding all about in build.py in
> checkKDEDirAndVersion?
> My kde is in /opt/kde/kde-3.1, and this stops this working, by
> forcing kdeDir to /opt/kde

>    if kdeIncDir:
>        start = string.split (kdeIncDir, "/")
>        if start [1] == "opt":
>            kdeDir = os.path.join (os.sep + start [1], start [2])
>        elif start [1] == "usr":
>            kdeDir = "/usr"

Ack! I made changes in this area of the script to make RH easier
and to not rely so much on $KDEDIR being set, but I didn't consider
cases beyond the standard SuSE/RH/Mdk setups. I'll get a fix out in
the next few days. This basically makes the switch that lets you
set the KDE include directory fairly useless.

Thanks for the info.

Jim