[PyKDE] ANNOUNCING PyQwt-sip34_20020807 - some problems on Win32

Greg Fortune lists at gregfortune.com
Thu Sep 19 18:40:01 BST 2002

On Thursday 19 September 2002 01:01 am, you wrote:
> On Thursday 19 September 2002 3:07 am, Peter Lipa wrote:
> > Hi Gerard,
> > Thanks for the updated release and your progress on PyCute - looks great
> > (after a few minutes of testing)!
> >
> > Here is some feedback:
> > I built the win32 commercial Qt3.05 version
> > PyQwt-sip332_20020807-Qt-305.win32-py2.2.exe and corresponding .zip with
> > no problems at the
> > compile and packaging steps. (However I have runtime problems which I
> > didn't have with the previous version - see below).
> > I only had to uncomment the two lines:
> >             # is this true?
> >             qt_library_name = 'qt-mt305'
> >             extra_version = '-Qt-305'
> > in the pyqt_support.py (yes, you guesset trolltech's naming convetion
> > correctly on windows)
> >
> > I am happy to send you the the binary PyQwt windows installer and zip
> > builds for the Qt3.0.5 commercial if you want to put them on your
> > website. For a binary-only release, according the the commercial qt
> > license,  I see no problem with sending you also the qt-mt305.dll
> > (without the souce of course) so you can run and test the commercial
> > version of the  win32 PyQwt package yourself.
>
> Then you need to read your Qt license more closely. Gerard would then
> become a developer as far as Trolltech (and I) were concerned and would
> need a commercial Qt license (and a commercial PyQt license of course).
>
> When I've been in this situation in the past, it's been done with me being
> given a remote login to the "donor's" development system, and I've asked
> for confirmation in writing that the "donor" has the necessary Qt
> commercial license in place.

No problem then...  I've got a commercial license of Qt, but not one of PyQt
yet.  The license change was a little abrupt and I'm still recovering from
the surprise ;o)  Anyway, if someone would offer to purchase the commercial
version of PyQt and serve as the donor system for everyone else here, I'll
offer my system up as the Qt donor license.

Wait! I can't do that...  The Qt license is a developer specific license and
any work anyone were to do on my system would consititute development with Qt
and would not be covered under *my* license.  I suppose if trolltech happened
to be the "donor" mentioned then it's probably ok, but otherwise you probably
need to read *your* Qt license a little closer.