[PyKDE] PyQt/E and gcc 3.2?

Michael Lauer mickey at tm.informatik.uni-frankfurt.de
Tue Sep 3 14:11:01 BST 2002

Hi,

> > in my ongoing quest to get PyQt 3.3.2 to compile with Qt/Embedded 2.3.x,
> > I have made some progress. Patching <tmake>/lib/linux-g++/tmake.conf
> > eliminates the problem where sip and PyQt detect Qt/Embedded but tmake
> > still spits out the library and include flags for Qt/X11. Phil, what did
> > you do to the tmake output in the old autoconf build scheme that it
> > worked there ?
>

> tmake wasn't used in the old scheme.

Ok, then this is a bug in the new scheme. The tmake output must either
be parsed to substitute qte for qt and remove all x11 references or sip
and PyQt must come with an adapted tmake.conf for the embedded build.

> > Traceback (most recent call last):
> >   File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
> > ImportError: /home/mickey/lib/python2.2/site-packages/libsip.so:
> > undefined symbol: _ZTI7QObject
> >
> > Note that I am pretty sure that there are no version conflicts or
> > side-effects from other builds lying around.
> >
> > Any insights?
>

> No - apart from saying are you really, really sure you don't have a
> version lying around compiled with an older gcc?

Yes I am. Double-checked with a bunch of other systems. So can we call
this also a bug? It is only occuring on the embedded built (the symbol
just isn't there in qt-embedded, but it is there in qt-x11).

May I ask the audience again if you're all using PyQt just on X11 ?
If not and you don't have these problems, then please speak up and tell
me where the fault could be.

Thank you very much.

Yours,

--
:M:
Dipl.-Inf. Michael 'Mickey' Lauer
mickey at tm.informatik.uni-frankfurt.de
  Raum 10b - ++49 69 798 28358       Fachbereich Informatik und Biologie