[PyKDE] Where & What ?

Phil Thompson phil at river-bank.demon.co.uk
Tue Oct 22 14:00:01 BST 2002

On Tuesday 22 October 2002 9:54 am, Marc Schmitt wrote:
> I'd like to start a discussion about those points :
>
> Where to place sip, PyQt and PyKDE related material. This means sources,
> patches, packages, docs, examples, ... Currently sources are on riverbank,
> some packages on sf, some on lisa-gmbh.de. Patches seem to be nowhere,
> examples within the sources.
> Wouldn't it be best to unify (or maximal dualify) the places where we
> collect the stuff ?

Speaking for sip and PyQt only...

Sources and snapshots will (obviously) be on Riverbank. There are no such
things as sip and PyQt patches. I would prefer that these were not duplicated
anywhere else - but I won't (and can't) stop anybody doing so. My reason is
simply that I want to minimise the number of older versions out there.

I will not keep binary packages on Riverbank - this is as much a bandwidth
issue as anything else. I am happy to link to other sites that are carrying
binary packages - so long as I am confident that those packages will be
maintained over time. In the past people have created packages for their own
platform and I've linked to them, but those packages have rarely been
maintained. The sort of formalisation you are discussing is good as far as I
am concerned.

I would also like to keep a list of package maintainers so that I can give
them some warning of a new release.