[PyKDE] Where & What ?

Marc Schmitt littlewisp at gmx.net
Tue Oct 22 10:54:01 BST 2002

I'd like to start a discussion about those points :

Where to place sip, PyQt and PyKDE related material. This means sources,
patches, packages, docs, examples, ... Currently sources are on riverbank,
some packages on sf, some on lisa-gmbh.de. Patches seem to be nowhere,
examples within the sources.
Wouldn't it be best to unify (or maximal dualify) the places where we collect
the stuff ?

What about packaging policy ? To me this means, how to split packages. For
SuSE 8.0 I made -devel and -doc packages, for 8.1 I merged everything
together reflect the source structure : There are only three packages, sip,
PyQt and PyKDE left. Each contains all of the sources stuff, like libs, docs,
examples and sips. IMHO we should provide three super-spec, that everyone can
use for every distribution.

-Marc