[PyKDE] Problems on Mandrake 9.0

bjorklof at nic.fi bjorklof at nic.fi
Sat Oct 5 16:38:00 BST 2002

I compiled PyQt and sip 3.4 on Mandrake 9.0 (Qt 3.0.5, python 2.2.1) and
everything went fine. But then when I import qt I get this error:

>>> import qt
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
  File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/qt.py", line 39, in ?
    import libqtc
ImportError: /usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/libqtcmodule.so: undefined
symbol: _ZNK9QSGIStyle9classNameEv

I tried to do what was said in the README.Linux file but then I just got
a lot of error messages when trying to compile.

Has anyone had similar problems and is there a solution to this?

Thanks,

Magnus Bjorklof