[PyKDE] about DCOP, QDataStream, <<, and >>

Me stolenID at cfl.rr.com
Sat Nov 30 12:39:01 GMT 2002

Hi, I'm trying to figure out how to use the DCOP interface. The KDE C++
examples make use of << and >>, but how to do it with python? Is there a work
around for this?

The example I'm working from has a part like so:

void MainWindow::bookLocation()
{
    DCOPClient *client=kapp->dcopClient();
    QByteArray params;
    QDataStream stream(params, IO_WriteOnly);
    stream << location->text();
    if (!client->send("p6-*", "bookmarkList", "add(QString)", params))
       kdDebug() << "Error with DCOP\n";
}

How would I do that with python? Thanks for any help.