[PyKDE] Re: eric3 python-site files not found

Hans-Peter Jansen hpj at urpla.net
Sat Nov 30 02:19:00 GMT 2002

On Friday 29 November 2002 22:03, Arno Paehler wrote:
> Hi Detlev,
>
> I now tried Hans-Peter's script and the problem goes away.
> Maybe SuSE need to revise the way they build their rpm.

Before I start bugging some people at SuSE, I would like
to understand the problem. Phil? As stated before, I see
some importance to get this fixed before their next release.
I will easily detect this when traffic in suse-beta ML arises
again... In the meantime, we already know, how to fix this ;-)

Jonathan: I will update sf.net release notes soon...

> There is another message that I get but that doesn't seem
> to affect eric3's operation. I just include it here for
> completeness.
>
> Arno

> paehler at linux> eric3
> eric: no translation file 'qt_C'found.
> Using default.
> eric: no translation file 'qscintilla_C'found.
> Using default.
> eric: no translation file 'eric3_C'found.
> Using default.
> Please report to <eric-bugs at die-offenbachs.de>.

Well, this is related to your locale setting and somewhat
expected here. Maybe Detlef should handle this special case,
as it doesn't make much sense to search for C locale
translations in the first place.

BTW, Try
LC_CTYPE=de_DE at euro eric3
to enable the german translation. (I expect you to be a
native german speaker, even if it appears, that you're sitting
on the other side of the globe ;-)

[...]

Hans-Peter