[PyKDE] eric3 alt. layout

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Fri Nov 29 20:24:01 GMT 2002

Am Freitag, 29. November 2002 00:01 schrieb Hans-Peter Jansen:
> Hi Detlev, Hi PyQties,
>
> here's a patch to top of ericgeom.diff, which implements an
> _experimental_ alternate layout. If you want your old layout back, set
> self.layoutstyle = "qtdes" in UserInterface.py. Expect a restored
> geometry to be mangled. It separates Browser, Inspector, and Log
> component on the left pane, in order to get a bigger editing space.
> Here is a screenshot: http://lisa-gmbh.de/download/eric3alt.jpg (80k)
>            full size: http://lisa-gmbh.de/download/eric3altfull.jpg
> (165k) Yes, I'm using a uncommon color set. Note also, that this one
> uses smaller icons 20x18, opposed to the genuine 22x22.
> [ericIconsShrink1.tar.gz] Detlev: Sorry, the first icon patchset was
> broken. Please try this one.
>
> Comments welcome.

Ok, this layout gives you much more editor space. However, you loose the
space needed for debugging (showing the variables) and the project
browser. If you need more editor space, simply move the slider to the
right and there you go. Alpha3 of eric3 will have a second layout option
upon several request. These people wanted more horizontal space for the
shell and the log view.

Detlev
--
Detlev Offenbach