[PyKDE] Re: Anybody home?

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Thu Nov 21 17:55:00 GMT 2002

On 21-Nov-02 Phil Thompson wrote:
> Strange. I haven't noticed anything from you other than your
> postings to the list - but I obviously noticed this one.

It wasn't anything that important - I've been helping someone build
some sip modules for a commercial widget derived from Qt, and a
question came up about library naming that I couldn't find the
answer to in the Python docs:

We do something like:

libname:       libqtcmodule.so
in qt.py:      import libqtc

But apparently "libqtc.so" will also work and ends up with either
the same import statement or an "as libqtc" tacked on the end. I
was just wondering what the rules were here, if any, or if you had
a reference in the Py docs.

> I get several hundred emails a day which I read by scanning the
> subject line, so there is a danger of me ignoring something if
> it doesn't have an obvious reference to my stuff.

Same here, but most of them sort to my wife :)

> A tip to people mailing be directly - put PyQt at the start of
> the subject.

Noted.

> People have to try really, really hard to offend me - although it
> is possible.

Guess I'll have to try harder :)

Jim