[PyKDE] Python list handling for QRect, QPoint, and QSize

Hans-Peter Jansen hpj at urpla.net
Mon Nov 4 19:37:01 GMT 2002

Hi Phil,

since I catched the flu this weekend, I think of contributing something
useful to PyQt. Namely the IMHO missing handling of python lists, where
QRect, QPoint, and QSize objects are expected. (QColor?)

On my first cursory look, there seem to be to ways, but I don't know
their implications:

1) implement __len__(), __getitem__() like in qstringlist.sip
2) %MappedType Qxyz<QInt>, like in qvaluelist.sip

Q1) Why is __setitem__ missing from 1
Q2) Does method 2 provide transparent conversion from and to the correct
    types, whereever they're used? (e.g. QObject)

TIA,
Hans-Peter