[PyKDE] Final Update on New Build Process

Hans-Peter Jansen hpj at urpla.net
Fri Jun 21 12:25:01 BST 2002

On Mon, 17 Jun 2002 09:44:42 +0100
"Phil Thompson" <phil at river-bank.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> The new build process is now complete in the latest snapshots for both
> SIP and PyQt. It supports all versions of Python and all versions of Qt
> on both Windows and UNIX/Linux.
>
> Phil

Hi Phil,

on building the current SIP snapshot, I would suggest /usr/local/bin
as the default sip location to be consistent with the former build
process and with PyQt defaults. Also, I used to generate such stuff
as an ordinary user, which is unpossible, if the target is generated
in place (and obsoletes the make install step, too):

g++  -o /usr/bin/sip main.o transform.o gencode.o versions.o heap.o
parser.o lexer.o
/usr/i486-suse-linux/bin/ld: cannot open output file /usr/bin/sip:
Keine Berechtigung
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [/usr/bin/sip] Error 1

Update: same goes for PyQt. It tries to install the libraries during
make, and tries to build pyuic in place.

OTOH, congrats for the whole thing making huge steps forward to an
absolutely awesome project.

Hans-Peter