[PyKDE] Question about threading

jblazi jblazi at gmx.de
Mon Jun 17 16:16:01 BST 2002

I am writing a small app where several sessions to net hosts
may exist at the same time. I thought the cleanest way of
realizing this, ist to have a GUI thread that reads a queue
and several other threads (maybe up to four), each thread
with its own QSocket, that put the packages into the queue.

The GUI thread reads the queue and decides, what to do with
the received data. The threads are realized with QThread.

Is this a sensible solution? Can I use python queues for
that?

TIA, J.B.