[PyKDE] FreeBSD build problems error 23512

Steve Simmons scs at di.org
Thu Aug 29 21:31:00 BST 2002

A couple of more notes on this.  Jim B writes:

> For some reason, build.py is unable to find the 'postproc' script . . .

This is a common misconception.  Any time you run a shell script and
immediately get the message `scriptname: not found' the problem is
almost certianly that whatever is on the #! line was not found.

On a different note, python can determine where it is run from.  We
should mod the installation package for the various items so one of
the early steps is

   # python -c 'import sys; print sys.executable'

and use the response to build the #! lines.  This may come for free
with ./configure, that might be the right place to put it.