[PyKDE] Re: Trouble with new RedHat SRPMS

Jonathan Gardner jgardn at alumni.washington.edu
Thu Aug 29 17:22:00 BST 2002

On Thursday 29 August 2002 06:59 am, Neal D. Becker wrote:
> rpm --rebuild sip-3.3.2-6.src.rpm
> Installing sip-3.3.2-6.src.rpm
> error: failed build dependencies:
> 	qt-devel = 3.0.3 is needed by sip-3.3.2-6
> [nbecker at rpppc1 ~]$ rpm -q qt-devel
> qt-devel-3.0.5-7.11
>
> Do we really have to have qt-devel = 3.0.3, not >=?

I don't know. Go ahead and change that line in the spec, and give it another
go.

What version of Red Hat are you using? I am using a base Red Hat 7.3 with no
modifications to the KDE and Qt libraries in the package. I can't test it
on any other system, so I can't say whether Qt 3.0.5 will work or not.

Jonathan