[PyKDE] PyKDE-3.3.2-2 build problems on stock Red Hat 7.3 sy

Jonathan Gardner jgardn at alumni.washington.edu
Tue Aug 27 17:27:00 BST 2002

On Monday 26 August 2002 09:56 pm, Jim Bublitz wrote:
> On 27-Aug-02 Jonathan Gardner wrote:
> > Could you make a few Mandrake RPMs? I posted earlier the spec for
> > the Red Hat one. I figure we got a Red Hat guy, a SuSE guy, and
> > if we get Mandrake  working, all we'll be missing is Debian...
>
> Debian is already handled by Ricardo, and there probably wouldn't
> be much benefit in hosting it, since Deb users would prefer to use
> Debian's distribution system. Same for FreeBSD (Steve Simmons has
> been working on putting sip/PyQt/PyKDE on 'ports').

I noticed I lost a few days worth of email. I looked up what I missed in the
archives and I felt totally stupid and ignorant.

I think that means that PyKDE and PyQt are now available for most everyone!

> Someone might try the RH rpms and see if they work on Mandrake -
> I'm not sure how much Mandrake moves things around, but they're
> fundamentally RH based.

I strongly doubt that the Red Hat RPMs will work with Mandrake. I believe
that only Red Hat keeps python1.5 around, and they name it /usr/bin/python.