[PyKDE] PyKDE-3.3.2-2 build problems on stock Red Hat 7.3 system RESOLVED

Jonathan Gardner jgardn at alumni.washington.edu
Tue Aug 27 03:01:00 BST 2002

On Monday 26 August 2002 03:27 pm, Alex Willmer wrote:
> Sorry for leaving so long before I replied to this thread, I'va also
> been working on this, but on Mandrake 8.2. My system is definately KDE
> 3.0.1, and I received the same error.

Could you make a few Mandrake RPMs? I posted earlier the spec for the Red Hat
one. I figure we got a Red Hat guy, a SuSE guy, and if we get Mandrake
working, all we'll be missing is Debian...

> As far as I can tell KDE 3.0.1 doesn't include KURL::htmlURL(), this
> wasn't introduced until 3.0.2. However in the PyKDE sip files (kurl.sip,
> kfileiconview.sip, kfiledetailview.sip) this and the two constructors
> below are included for version 3.0.1.
>
> KFileIconViewItem::KFileIconViewItem(QIconView *parent, KFileItem *fi)
> KFileListViewItem::KFileListViewItem(QListView *parent, KFileItem *fi)
>
> (I think these might have been the cause of the further problems you
> reported Jonathon).
>
> Changing the %if KDE_3_0_1 lines to %if KDE_3_0_2 allows me to compile
> without error.

It wasn't just the other two errors you mention above, it was actually quite a
few (closer to 20 or 40). The list was too long to present. I had the "-c"
option on, so all the errors came out.

However, I'll try this out, see what happens.

--
Jonathan Gardner
jgardn at alumni.washington.edu