[PyKDE] Place to upload RPMs

Jonathan Gardner jgardn at alumni.washington.edu
Sat Aug 24 19:58:01 BST 2002

On Saturday 24 August 2002 12:45 pm, Marc Schmitt wrote:

> O PyKDE, PyKDE ! wherefore art thou PyKDE?
> Deny thy homepage and refuse thy code;
> Or, if thou wilt not, be but sworn my python,
> And I'll no longer be a programmer.

Lovely, lovely. I just wrote a bit of that same play in perl a few days ago.
I'll spare you all the agony or seeing perl code, and let you know that a
Rose by any other name does in fact smell just as sweet. Of course, in
python, a rose by any other name may in fact be the same rose...

> I also think we should reenable sourceforge, or at least keep the package
> list up to date as well as the the project-homepage (might be a referrer to
> riverbank.) What about renaming the procjet from pykde2 to pykde ? IMHO is
> sourceforge the starting point for lots of people to look (including me),
> and if they find a project with an activity of 0% and a last update of half
> a year ago it probably doesn't make the best first impression.

Has anyone thought of moving over to FSF's free version of Sourceforge -
http://savannah.gnu.org/? At least we won't have to worry about
a-certain-company-that-used-to-have-linux-in-its-name doing something
nasty...

But using Sourceforge (or a savannah) will be really nice because the admins
(Like Jim or Phil) could *assign* someone to keep the latest releases on the
site whenever they come up with a new version. Also, the cvs and bug tracking
facilities, not to mention the email list archiving is useful as well. It'll
leave Phil and Jim more hackin' time, and let us who aren't as wizardly do
something useful.

--
Jonathan Gardner
jgardn at alumni.washington.edu