[PyKDE] Place to upload RPMs

Marc Schmitt littlewisp at gmx.net
Sat Aug 24 19:36:00 BST 2002

> Marc Schmitt: I still get 'page not found' on the URL you provided
> for your RPMs - you might want to upload them to sourceforge as
> well.

O PyKDE, PyKDE ! wherefore art thou PyKDE?
Deny thy homepage and refuse thy code;
Or, if thou wilt not, be but sworn my python,
And I'll no longer be a programmer.

I've been away on a short trip, and in the meantime they deleted the page ...
Probably I should have given them my real address, telephone number,
fingerprints and sexual preferences .... no, not really  :)

Ok, I'm now uploading the rpms onto the sourceforge/incomming folder. I hope
it works, because my 56k connection isn't the most reliable one ... As soon
as there are any .src.rpms somewhere I'll recompile everything available, the
stuff without .src.rpms with checkinstall - just to provide 'cleaner'
packages.

The packages I'm currently uploading are

sip-3.3.2-1.SuSE-8.0.i386.rpm
PyKDE-3.3.2-1.SuSE-8.0.i386.rpm
PyQt-3.3.2-1.SuSE-8.0.i386.rpm

for

out of the box SuSE 8.0 + YOU update to kde 3.0.2
python 2.2 (python-2.2-105)
qt-3.0.3 (qt3-3.0.3-15)
kde 3.0.2 (kdebase3-3.0.2-38)

I also think we should reenable sourceforge, or at least keep the package list
up to date as well as the the project-homepage (might be a referrer to
riverbank.) What about renaming the procjet from pykde2 to pykde ? IMHO is
sourceforge the starting point for lots of people to look (including me), and
if they find a project with an activity of 0% and a last update of half a
year ago it probably doesn't make the best first impression.

-Marc