[PyKDE] Problem compiling PyQt

Phil Thompson phil at river-bank.demon.co.uk
Sat Aug 17 13:26:00 BST 2002

Philippe FREMY wrote:

> have

>>>My Qt was built from source with the debug flag. Does it influence ?
>>>

>>It looks like it does.
>>

> I find the behaviour really strange. The makefile generated by qt.pro
> (attached) contains the /DEBUG flag but the qt.pro does not. So it looks
> like it has been added by build.py . Does build.py have a debug mode ?

It does now as I've added the patch from Fredrik Juhlin, but this won't
affect you.

I assume what's going on is that when you build a debug version of Qt
you also get a debug version of qmake that generates Makefiles with
debugging enabled. Or it is simply a bug in qmake.

> Even if the debug was added by build.py, I don't know how it manages to pick
> python22_d.lib instead of python22.lib . I have managed to open the
> temporary file created by nmake to link and it does contains python22.lib .
> I really wonder where this python22_d.lib comes from.

Presumably it's a result of passing /DEBUG to the linker.