[PyKDE] QtPE Missing features

David Douard douard at magic.fr
Tue Aug 13 13:48:49 BST 2002

Hi list,
Hi Phil

I know there are many things to do for such a wrapper, but I am using Qtopia
classes (TrollTech's 1.5.0 GPL version) in my PyQt application for the Zaurus
which are not included in PyQt, and quite easy to add, namely:

Config
AppLnk/DocLnk (and Sets)
FileManager
FileSelector
Resource

All thoses are really easy to add to PyQt (what I did). Should I send you
(Phil) a patch for these, so they can be included in PyQt ? (But  these are
really trivial changes).

I have not tried other Qtopia classes, but I think they must but also easy to
add...
The problem I have encountered is with the DCopEnvelope. The normal use of it
is to call the constructor with 2 params (channel and message). But you then
have to call the operator << on the created  object to pass arguments, and
the message is actually sent when the object it deleted (almost all the code
of the object is in the destructor).

What is the right way to wrap it ? I have tried to write a wrapp Member Code
so you give the 2 required params and an optional list of strings... But I
does not work, and I don't have time to guess the way Sip works in details...
Anoyone did something ?

Thank you
David Douard

PS: I am not on the ML, so please CC me back. Thank you.