[PyKDE] Re: Help getting started with applets

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Tue Apr 16 19:26:53 BST 2002

On 16-Apr-02 ian reinhart geiser wrote:
> You actually have  a python KPart loading into a C++ app?
> Could you post the code in PyKDE, so we can let people know we
> are ready for business?

Actually it's a KSpread plugin, but it needs a lot of work before
it's releasable - consider it vaporware. KParts/plugins/panel
applets are all basically the Same Thing. I'll probably do the
panel applet stuff first, since that's more developer-oriented and
doesn't require as much documentation.

I haven't got the packaging all sorted out yet, but it'll probably
be a base library/plugin that wraps/interfaces libpython and then
individual plugins or libraries for specific apps (like KSpread) or
functions (like panel applets) that load and communicate with the
libpython plugin. Partitioning that stuff still needs some work.

Jim