[PyKDE] shaped windows and QWidget.setMask

Jonathan Gardner jgardn at alumni.washington.edu
Thu Apr 4 17:58:23 BST 2002

Someone posted a while ago about how to do shaped windows in Qt. The
answer is still "I don't know" but I have found a clue by looking at the
tuXeyes source code.

I think QWidget.setMask is what you are looking for. I was interested in
what it would take to do something with OpenGL and then using a mask,
and this is it apparently. I haven't actually used it yet, but like all
things Qt, I doubt there will be a problem.

Jonathan

PS: I would've replied to keep things in the thread, but it seems that
I've lost the email between several re-installations. =(