[PyKDE] macos x/x11 port

Gerard Vermeulen gvermeul at labs.polycnrs-gre.fr
Thu Dec 13 18:01:42 GMT 2001

I don't know if it will help you -- but I have scripts to build PyQt with
distutils and g++ or on Windows (at least PyQt-2.5 worked,  it will take
me at most a few hours to get them working with PyQt-3.0). The scripts work
on Linux  and have been used by several people running Linux. If you are
desperate enough to try, then let me know.  (I think that g++ would be a
requirement -- maybe I should by myself an iBook).

The advantage of distutils is that it runs without libtool, even on Linux
libtool can mess up building installable packages (RPMs).

Best regards -- Gerard Vermeulen.