[PyKDE] qtgl module questions

Jonathan Gardner jgardn at alumni.washington.edu
Tue Dec 11 04:07:23 GMT 2001

On Saturday 08 December 2001 07:01 pm, Jonathan Gardner wrote:
> On Saturday 08 December 2001 08:11 am, Michael Ferraro wrote:
> > I'm finding that a chunk of script that I have been using with
> > PyOpenGL and Togl (Tk widget for OpenGL) is not working
> > within my PyQt QGLWidget. Specifically the texture related
> > code no longer works.  Polygons draw fine and the overall
> > widget seems to be fine but glGenTextures(1) returns a very
> > unlikely value: 269988696.  instead of the usual small integer
> > And,  after forcing the id to 1 and proceeding I still get
> > no textures.  I tried applying texture without using texture
> > objects and I can no longer get that to work either
> >
> I am using textures in my app (pyqt with qtgl), and GenTextures seems to be
> working right on. It may be your code, but it may be that we have different
> version or something. Let's compare notes.

He sent the answer to me directly... I am sure it would benefit the list
greatly what the answer was.

Apparently, he was calling OpenGL commands before initializeGL was called. He
spent a lot of work trying to find the answer, I just listened to him, so the
credit all goes to Michael. Good work, Michael!

Jonathan