[PyKDE] qtgl module questions

Jonathan Gardner jgardn at alumni.washington.edu
Sat Dec 8 11:01:26 GMT 2001

On Saturday 08 December 2001 08:11 am, Michael Ferraro wrote:
> Hello
>
> I'm finding that a chunk of script that I have been using with
> PyOpenGL and Togl (Tk widget for OpenGL) is not working
> within my PyQt QGLWidget. Specifically the texture related
> code no longer works.  Polygons draw fine and the overall
> widget seems to be fine but glGenTextures(1) returns a very
> unlikely value: 269988696.  instead of the usual small integer
> And,  after forcing the id to 1 and proceeding I still get
> no textures.  I tried applying texture without using texture
> objects and I can no longer get that to work either
>
> I was wondering if there are any assumption regarding the use
> OpenGL that I might take into consideration as I try to track
> down my problem.
>
> My PyOpenGL environment has been installed for a while and
> I have used it quite a bit. So, while it's likely that I am doing
> something stupid, I thought I would check if there are any
> known problems.

I am using textures in my app (pyqt with qtgl), and GenTextures seems to be
working right on. It may be your code, but it may be that we have different
version or something. Let's compare notes.

You can check out what I have at my project's sourceforge project page.
(http://sf.net/projects/bttotalcontrol) The important code is in the file
called gui/Map_IMPL.py.

Jonathan