Problem with editor - CTRL key erases selected text

Henrik Pauli henrik.pauli at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 14:51:35 BST 2020

Do you have a feature like "Tap Ctrl to show the location of the mouse"
turned on in your desktop environment?  I've seen some weird stuff happen
from that before (not with Eric in particular) on both Gnome and some other
DEs, and this is simply the first thing that popped to my mind when reading
your issue.