[Eric] ANN: eric 20.01 released

Hans-Peter Jansen hpj at urpla.net
Sun Jan 26 19:13:18 GMT 2020

Hi Detlev,

Am Mittwoch, 1. Januar 2020, 12:48:14 CET schrieb Detlev Offenbach:
> Hello Pythonistas,
>
> I just uploaded eric 20.01. It fixes some bugs and adds these new features.
>      *  MicroPython
>          *  added entries to the ESP menu to show the Chip ID, Flash ID and
> MAC Address *  added entries to the ESP menu to backup and restore a
> firmware *  Web Browser
>                  *  added support for viewing PDF documents inside the web
> browser (requires PyQt/Qt 5.13 or better)
>
> It is available via the eric web site or PyPI.
>
> https://eric-ide.python-projects.org/index.html[1]
> https://pypi.org/project/eric-ide/[2]

There's a minor issue with eric's versioning. As you might know, RPM uses
something along the lines of:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/eric-ide/files/%{distname}/stable/%{version}/
%{distname}-%{version}.tar.gz

to locate the source, where distname is defined as eric6 and version as 20.1.

This is tested during package submit to Factory (eg. next openSUSE release/
Tumbleweed).

Unfortunately, this fails, because the directory after stable is named 20.01
now (vs. 20.1). I solved this by inventing distver, but it would be nice to
avoid such confusion in future releases.

Thanks && Cheers,
Pete