[Eric] easy install problem

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Sat Jan 18 10:23:29 GMT 2020

Hello,

the easiest way without disturbing your global Python installation is to
install eric in a virtual Python environment. The steps would be

1. python -m venv <path to virtual env directory>
2a. <path to virtual env directory>\scripts\python.exe scripts\install.py
or
2b. <path to virtual env directory>\scripts\python.exe -m pip install eric-ide

Step 2b gets the latest eric release from PyPI.

Detlev

detlev at die-offenbachs.de