Linux Mint install: No source documentation provider

Dave Hill davehill at telus.net
Tue Apr 28 22:37:59 BST 2020

There is a thread in the Eric issue tracker on solving this:

https://www.mail-archive.com/eric@riverbankcomputing.com/msg04281.html

Basically, the instruction is to install either of the rope or jedi
plugins - in the plugins list, rope is called "Refactoring, Rope" and
jedi is called "Completions, Jedi". You may need to to do Plugins,
Plugins Repository, Update first. (In 19.x it's the Plugins menu item;
in 20.x it's Extras, Plugins...)

Once you've installed the plugin, you need to select it as the Code Info
Provider at the top of the Code Documentation Viewer on the far right.

This worked for me on Eric 19.01 and 20.3 in Debian - hope it helps,
David