Linux Mint install: No source documentation provider

J Diehl jd0815 at protonmail.com
Tue Apr 28 20:38:12 BST 2020

I am new to the Eric ide and installed eric6 on Linux Mint 19.3 and qt5 appears to integrate. There are, however, a few issus that are I can't overcome.

I get below message on the right pane just under the disabled 'Code Info Provider':
"No source code documentation provider has been registered. This function has been disabled."

There is also a warning in the lower middle pane:

"Warning: translation file 'git_en_GB' could not be loaded. Using default."

I managed to install the python docs to /usr/share/docs/....  and set the relevant path in the Eric preference but can't find any downloadable qt5 or pyqt5 html documentation.

Kind regards