[Eric] Documentation is missing from IDE

Phil phillor9 at gmail.com
Mon May 13 02:38:07 BST 2019

On 12/5/19 7:16 pm, Detlev Offenbach wrote:
> Hi Phil,
>
> answers see below
>
> This function is related to showing code information in the respective viewer
> when an opening bracket '(' is pressed or upon request. In order for this to
> be available the rope or Jedi plug-in must be installed (or both). Thereafter
> the provider to be used can be selected via the selection list.

Thank you Detlev for your reply.

I could not find the Rope or Jedi plugins but I did find, under "plugin
repository", Python and Qt5 plugins. Pressing "download and install"
resulted in the following:

Could not download the requested file from
https://eric-ide.python-projects.org/plugins6/stable/PluginDocumentationSets_Qt512.zip.

Error: Error creating SSL context ()

Am I missing an ssl dev file?

I do have /usr/share/doc/qt4-doc-html because of a previous installation
of eric 17 (not from pip) and I do have /usr/share/doc/qt5-doc-html but
without the html directory.

So, to display the help information within the eric IDE do I need to
solve the missing html directory from /usr/share/doc/qt5-doc-html or do
I need to discover why I cannot install the help files from the plugin
repository?