[Eric] Switching from Mercurial to Git

Tony Arnold tony.arnold at manchester.ac.uk
Wed Aug 28 20:55:32 BST 2019

I've been using Mercurial as the VCS for my Python projects and Bitbucket for the remote repository. As you may know Bitbucket are dropping Mercurial in favour of Git on 1st June 2020.

So my question is is there a straight forward way to change the VCS used by an Eric project from Mercurial to Git? I don't see a menu option to do this, but could I, say, remove the VCS section in the .e4p file and then update the project properties to use Git as its VCS?

Any thoughts anyone?

Regards,
Tony.

--

Tony Arnold MBCS, CITP | Senior IT Security Analyst | Directorate of IT Services | G64, Kilburn Building | The University of Manchester | Manchester M13 9PL | T: +44 161 275 6093 | M: +44 773 330 0039