[Eric] Autocompletion behaviour

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Sat Oct 20 11:52:46 BST 2018

Am Samstag, 20. Oktober 2018, 06:31:32 CEST schrieb Alex Gerhardt-Bourke:
> Hi All,
>
> I have installed the three other Autocompletion tools – eric assistant,
> jedi, and Rope; none of them seem are currently showing autocompletions for
> imported modules. For example, I have installed and imported a module
> called jieba, typing “jieba.” and then pressing ctrl+space shows nothing.
> Starting to type directly after typing “jieba.” shows matches from other
> modules, but none from jieba. For example, typing jieba.cut brings many
> matches from PyQt5 and eric6, but none from jieba. The function
> cut_for_search from jieba doesn’t show up at all.
>
> Is there some configuration I have missed?

After the installation of these plug-ins, you will find additional
configuration pages for auto completion and call tips. On these pages you have
to enable the modules you want to want to get support from. You should look at
"Mouse Click Handlers" as well. With that you can configure a navigation
feature (e.g. Ctrl+Click on a method usage jumps to the method definition).

Detlev