[Eric] outdated “Technical Reports”

Christos Sevastiadis csevast at auth.gr
Fri Nov 2 13:25:31 GMT 2018

Dear Pietro,

I don't think that you failed in something. The Eric Technical Reports are
a comprehensive documentation about Eric. They are laying between a
Technical Reference and a Tutorial, and they offer a third view, like a
reviewer's one, to the Eric IDE. The suggestions and the criticism in the
Tech.Rep text are also a very nice way to understand the Eric IDE
philosophy. For me it was little strange on the beginning, but reading it
more I found it also amusing. Of course they need to be updated. A little
problem is that because of somehow personal way of author's view and
writing, they are not very suitable for contribution. Somebody has to
follow the manner of the full text to make changes and update the
documents. Anyway,for me a way to overcome the Eric's complexity was to
read them, and in many cases to search in them as reference documentation.
Thus, they are were very helpful for me and I suppose for many other Eric
users.

Sincerely
Christos Sevastiadis