[Eric] QWebEngineView in QtDesigner

umbertofilippo at tiscali.it umbertofilippo at tiscali.it
Mon Oct 30 11:35:19 GMT 2017

I came across this (old) tutorial
<http://eric-ide.python-projects.org/tutorials/MiniBrowser/>  on using Eric
to create a new PyQt project, and using Qt designer to automatically create
.py files.

I am trying 7 years later to adapt it to PyQt5 and QWebEngineView (instead
of the deprecated QWebView).

First of all (a bit out of topic here, will open a new thread probably),
following the tutorial I realized that the "compile form" function in the
Forms tab of the Project-Viewer is throwing an error, and I have to use
pyuic5 from the command line to compile the .ui in .py (similar to what
happens in this SO question
<https://stackoverflow.com/questions/45064145/eric6-cant-compile-in-python-f
orm-could-not-start-pyuic5-exe> ).

I have almost ported everything, but I still have a problem with the
QWebEngineView.

My problemi is that when I run my code, I receive "MainWindow obect has no
attribute QWebEngineView".

The way I added the View is through Qt designer, following what's suggested
in the last comment on this Qt forum topic
<https://forum.qt.io/topic/65398/qwebengineview-in-qtdesigner/3> .

What's probably wrong is that I omitted to (quoting) "add webenginewidgets
to your project file".

How would I do that?

As I am using PyQt, I do not have any .pro file (which I suppose the term
"project" is referring to).

Does anybody have been succesfull in using Qt Designer to create a form with
QWebEngineView?

I hope to have summarized the problem I have so that it is also
understandable.

I am on Windows 10, eric6, PyQt5.9, python 3.6.

Thanks for any advice,

Umberto