[Eric] Eric always runs "fullscreen"

Henrik Pauli henrik.pauli at gmail.com
Mon Jul 31 09:20:11 BST 2017

Strange and familiar!

What kind of desktop environment are you using?

I've been seeing the same thing happening to Gwenview on MATE (on
Fedora), which is another QWidget app.  The full screen mode there is a
slide show mode — so I was pretty sure it's just the window manager
hints that are messed up.  Switched to Kwin, as there I can at least
toggle various flags like the frameless mode.  Lo and behold it began to
work after that.  Of course switching back to marco (which used to be
metacity IIRC) turned it back to full screen again.  I haven't found a
proper solution yet.