[Eric] Eric always runs "fullscreen"

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Sun Jul 30 16:37:05 BST 2017

Probably something got screwed up in the preferences file. You might do the
following to get it right.

1. cd ~/.config/Eric6

2a. Delete the eric6.ini file. Be warned that you will loose all your
configuration.

or

2b. Open the eric6.ini file in an editor and delete the entry "Geometry" of the
"General" section (this should be somewhere near the top of the file).

Both methods should make eric start with an 800x600 px main window.

Third method would be to start the script eric6_configure.py without eric being
active. This will show the configuration dialog. In there change the the
Interface configuration page (Interface->Interface) and press the button "Reset
layout to factory defaults" (right at the bottom), save the settings by
pressing Ok, which exits the dialog. The next time you start eric, it should
come up with 800x600px window.

Hope this helps.
Detlev

detlev at die-offenbachs.de