[Eric] Termination dialogue: change the label names?

Mikhail Terekhov termim at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 15:41:55 BST 2016

"Abort" is a valid technical term.
Following your logic your own e-mail address should be changed as well as
it could disgust some people.
The fact that you impose your sick imagination on other people is also
inappropriate at the least, if not to say offensive.
Be social, read this
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/cultural-evolution/201010/why-meaning-is-in-the-eye-the-beholder

On Thu, Sep 15, 2016 at 8:04 AM, Peter Silcock <smallcreep at fastmail.fm>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> If there are open and unsaved files, the termination dialogue offers
> three choices: "Discard", "Abort", and "Save".  The effect of "Abort"
> is to cancel the close procedure and return to the active application.
>
> Personally I find the use of the term "Abort" inappropriate at the
> least, if not to say offensive.  Abortion in the wider world refers
> predominantly to the termination of a pregnancy and is a word that
> conjures up a complex of emotions, whichever side of the fence one
> stands.  To use it in this context is unnecessarily inflammatory when
> the word "Cancel" is more descriptive and direct.
>
> Might I suggest that this be changed in the upcoming version?  No doubt
> the word appears elsewhere in Eric: it ought to be changed wherever it
> appears.
>
> Regards,
>
> Peter

Mikhail Terekhov