[Eric] Eric6 debugger

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Tue Sep 13 17:06:59 BST 2016

Hi,

at the moment there is nothing you can do about the debugger speed. I don't believe it is
related to the size of the script. However, with a script of this size it would be time to do
some refactoring and separate it into several modules.

We are working on an improved debugger backend right now. Hopefully it will be ready
for the December release of eric 6.2.0.

On Tuesday 13 September 2016, 11:34:02 Serge wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am a very happy user of Eric6 for 2 years and I am developing a
> program for friends.
>
> More the project is growing, slower is the debugger. Now, in debug mode
> the first line importing the main window class is very long to execute
> and every thing is very long. In normal mode it is very fast, everything
> is ok. I can't use the debugger anymore.
>
> Curiously, the debugger stops at lines where there is no break point !!
> I am a little confuse about this.
>
> The main file importing containing the main window class is big enough
> (58 Ko).
>
> What I can do to reset the debugger or run it faster ?
>
> Thanks
>
> Regards.

*Detlev Offenbach*
detlev at die-offenbachs.de