[Eric] Eric6 possible without python3/Qt5?

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Fri Sep 9 17:56:57 BST 2016

Hello,

as Tony already state, eric6 can be used with Qt4/PyQt4 and Python2 as well. Actually you
can use it with one variant to develop script for another one. The issue you observed does
not come from eric but from QScintilla and hints to a compile issue. That is not related to
Qt either.

On Friday 09 September 2016, 15:45:24 Koala wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we have no plans of using python3 anytime soon. Current system is a
> RHEL7.2 Linux box with
> python 2.7,
> Qt4-4.8.5,
> sip-4.18.1.tar.gz,
> PyQt-x11-gpl-4.11.4.tar.gz,
> QScintilla_gpl-2.9.3.tar.gz
> and no Qt5 nor python3.
>
> Is it possible to install and run Eric(6) without py3/Qt5?
>
> There is a box that has Eric 6.1.4 on it that used to work but stopped
> working and it never had Qt5 nor python3 on it, unless some undocumented
> changes exist. However, Eric no longer works on that system (Error:
> /usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/PyQt4/Qsci.so: undefined symbol:
> _ZTI18QsciLexerFortran77  - which hints to Qt5 functions that are not
> present).
>
> If it is impossible, then I can stop pulling my hair. However, if it is
> possible, then any tips are very welcome.
>
> Cheers,
> Art--
*Detlev Offenbach*
detlev at die-offenbachs.de