[Eric] Installation of Eric on a windows 10 with AMD64

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Tue Oct 11 17:46:58 BST 2016

Hello Colin,

the eric mailing list is the right place to ask.

The spell checking is provided by pyenchant and relies upon installed dictionaries. Please
see pyenchant/enchant for details.

The Help issue is caused by the PyQt5 wheel, which does not include the Qt tools
anymore. Unfortunately Qt 5.7 does not ship with the QtWebKit library either. Therefore
the built-in help browser of eric 6.1.x does not work anymore. This will change once eric
6.2 is release (December?). In order to get the Qt Tools you should install Qt (see the Qt
web site) and set the path to the executable directory on the Qt configuration page.

Detlev

On Monday 10 October 2016, 19:53:01 Colin J. Williams wrote:
> Detlev,
>
> I have now installed Eric6.1.10 and used it to check-out a 2012 Python
> script.
>
> Now I would like to establish a Project that may have various versions.
>
> I get the response below.  Is there a discussion list where I can raise
> trivial issues like this, to avoid troubling you?
>
> I am not able to change the ,Default Language in the Spell Checking Box.
> Presumable, this is intended to be en-us or some other language.
>
> If I go to Help, and click on Eric API Documentation, the response I get is
> shown in the second image below.
>
> Colin W.
>

> On 2016-09-28 12:15 PM, Detlev Offenbach wrote:
> Hello,
>
> maybe you should browse through the eric documentation to be found on the
> documentation page of the eric site. Otherwise just browse through the
> options of the configuration dialog. I hope, I provided useful default
> values for all the options. If something does work as you expect, please
> read the document or ask here.
> Detlev
>

> On Tuesday 27 September 2016, 15:22:32 Colin J. Williams wrote:
> > I have, eventually installed Eric6, but it is not configured and no
> > options
> > are suggested.
> >
> > It would have been helpful if the readme.rst files were converted to html,
> > or even if the rstToHtml conversion python program were provided.
> >
> > As before any help would be appreciated.
> >
> > Colin W.
> >
> > On 30 August 2016 at 13:43, Detlev Offenbach <detlev at die-offenbachs.de>
> >
> > wrote:
> > > Step 1: Download the archive and unextract it (use the zip archive)
> > >
> > > Step 2: Read the README file
> > >
> > > Step 3: do the installation

> > > --
> > >
> > > Detlev Offenbach