[Eric] command line arguments running python debug in eric6

Fred 1 zfred68 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 02:33:31 GMT 2016

fedora 24 x86_64
eric6 - 6.1.6
python2.7

i wrote a small test prog using argparse
the problem is using python in a terminal, command line args are
python -d -i argtest.py -v read_flash 000 0x000 file.one
 >>> sys.argv[0]
'argtest.py'
 >>> sys.argv[1]
'-v'

But in eric6

sys.argv[0]
'/home/fred1/e/esp-open-sdk/esptool/argtest.py'
 >>> sys.argv[1]
'argtest.py'

this completely borks my ability to use eric to debug a much larger program
that depends on these command line arguments and argparse.
Could there be a work around?
I've only now dabbled in python for a few days, so newb. but i am a veteran
of many other language codes.