[Eric] How can I install Eric6 in a virtual environment?

Victoria victorias.linux at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 19:54:15 BST 2016

Hello: I have an Anaconda virtual environment in which I would like to use Eric6, on an Arch Linux-based system.  The Python in that venv is Python 2.7.

I installed Eric6 within my venv (tf-env) using Arch Linux' pacman package manager, but when I start Eric6, it launches in Python 3.5.  In that (Eric's) Python terminal, I can right-click >> Start >> change the Python interpreter to either of Python2 or Python3.  However, I don't see my virtual environments (e.g. tf-env, in which I want to work).

That venv (tf-env) has Python packages that I use (numpy theano; tensorflow; ...), that are not available in Python {2|3} (hence, Eric).

Suggestions?

(tf-env)[victoria at victoria anaconda3]$ which python
    /home/victoria/anaconda3/envs/tf-env/bin/python

(tf-env)[victoria at victoria anaconda3]$ python --version
    Python 2.7.12 :: Anaconda 4.1.1 (64-bit)

(tf-env)[victoria at victoria anaconda3]$ which eric6
    /usr/bin/eric6