[Eric] Assistance with remote debugger operation

Igor D ivbsd1 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 23 19:35:53 BST 2016

Hi,

I invested couple of days but still have no success to run remote
debugging.
Your help will be very much appreciated.

- Parameters in Project->Debugger menu are not preserved after restart of
Eric.
So, I played only with global parameters.

- This is my configuration:
Setting->Preferences->Debugger->General
Remote Debugger Enabled
Remote Host: 192.168.7.2
Remove Execution: E:/Installs/putty root at 192.168.7.2
Perform Path Translation
Remote Path: /root/user/EffMa
Local Path: C:\User\EffMa
  Setting->Preferences->Debugger->Python
Python Interpreter for Debug Client: /usr/bin/python2.7
Debug Client Type:
Custom
/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/eric6/DebugClients/Python/DebugClient.py

I do not fill parameters in Debug Project window, which appears immediately
after debug start,
just press OK

All attempts to run debug ends in message: "The debugger backend could not
be started".
And I even do not see an attempt to login into remote computer. It fails
before.

What can be wrong ?
Thanks