[Eric] Questions about zh_CN l10n on Linux

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Sat Jan 9 09:59:08 GMT 2016

Hi,

I don't see an issue with the removal. However, I cannot guarantee this as I am not using
the Chinese translations. If nobody objects, I'll remove the suffix for the next release.

Please be aware that the Chinese translations are far from complete. If you would like to
complete them please do so and send the .ts file back to me.

On Saturday 09 January 2016, 12:15:51 YANG Boyuan wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> First of all, thank you for your work on eric. I was experiencing some
> problems about using Chinese(China) localization files on desktop
> Linux. I noticed that the current file is called
> "eric6_zh_CN.GB2312.qm" in /usr/share/qt/translations/ directory, and
> thus the file is not recognized by eric now. I have to rename the file
> to "eric_zh_CN.qm" to make it effective.
>
> So my question is that is the "GB2312" suffix still useful? Now that
> locales like GB2312/GBK/GB18030 is largely replaced by UTF-8 nowadays
> on desktop Linux, should we just eliminate the suffix, or will there
> any problems on other platforms such as on OS X and Windows?
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Boyuan Yang